We are blessed to have an amazing team and consider it a great privilege to serve God by serving His people as part of the staff at Horizon. If you have a heart for ministry and believe God is calling you to use your particular gifts, skills, and experiences in a thriving ministry environment we invite you to take a closer look at our available positions and see if there is one that the Lord has uniquely gifted you to fill.
We exist to Win, Disciple, and Send people for Jesus Christ. If you feel called to say yes to what the Lord is doing in and through Horizon, we encourage you to apply.
Current Job Offerings
Job Type: Full Time
As a videographer at Horizon Church, you will create works that inspire and inform audiences to grow in their personal faith.
• You’ll collaborate with a team to produce work.
• You’ll manage the technical aspects of filmmaking, including cameras, sound, lighting, design, etc.
• You’ll handle the post-production process to ensure all work solves problems appropriately.
• You’ll handle weekly live & post production of the weekend services
• Personal relationship with Jesus
• Experience in film/video making
• Film portfolio available online
• Extensive understanding of film-making process
• Video editing proficiency (Adobe Premiere & After Effects)
• Inspired by telling stories in a unique and creative way
• Experience in design. (Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign)
• Good Understanding of social media & marketing
• Understanding of Live Production.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
2. Graphic Designer
Job Type: Full Time
As a Graphic Designer at Horizon Church, you’ll get to work with a team to build engagement through visual and print media. You’ll help concept and create content that’s important to Horizon Church in our mission WIN people for Jesus, DISCIPLE people in Jesus and SEND people for Jesus.
• You’ll find new and improved ways to market content through media.
• You’ll use your design skills to work on a wide range of projects including creating production and print design for our weekend services as well as being apart of creating and branding many yearly events.
• You’ll execute production design needs and updates during weekend services.
• You’ll collaborate closely with the rest of the Creative/Production team to brainstorm opportunities for greater impact.
• High Level understanding and passion for marketing
• Very high attention to detail
• Graphic Design proficiency (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
• Time Management skills & ability to work under pressure
• Portfolio available online
Nice to Haves
• Experience in Video and/or motion graphics (Adobe Premiere, After Effects)
• Understanding of Live Production.
• Bachelors degree in a related field
3. Accounts Receivable Specialist:
Job Type: Full-time
This position is responsible for managing all student accounts in our tuition management system, providing quality customer service to HP parents and ongoing collections activity for past due accounts. This position is also responsible for overseeing Accounts Receivable and the money submitted to the finance office.
• Receive and review cash and check deposit memos for all ministries
• Proper classification of contributions to designated or undesignated accounts
• Verify and consolidate deposits with Accountant
• Follow accounting system process to submit cash deposits for bank
• Follow remote deposit system process to scan in check deposits for bank
• Provide Accountant with documentation of all deposits made
Horizon Prep School
• Set up and manage student accounts in tuition management system
• Invoice accounts for all fees, tuition, and incidentals on an ongoing basis
• Collect, record, and deposit the payments received
• Retrieve payment processing information from Crypt Pay to deposit application fees
• Maintain communication with Prep Admin regarding account details
• Prepare monthly general ledger journal entry for review and posting
• Provide customer service regarding collection of tuition
• Accountable for reducing delinquency in student accounts
• Monthly A/R Reconciliation of tuition management system to Shelby (financial system)
• Weekly review of AR aging reports
• Interface with payroll department on tuition deduction accounts for staff employees
• Maintain accurate records in student accounts
• Assist in annual audit process
• Evaluate AR processes as needed for improvement, or as recommended
• Accounting tasks and special projects as assigned
• Other duties as assigned
• 3-5 years of related work experience, preferably 3 years in nonprofit setting
• Desire to work as a professional in a Church and can share their values and mission
• Working knowledge of AR processes and best practices
• Passion to serve others with excellence
• Experience in researching, problem-solving, and analyzing financial data
• Experience with general ledger account coding, department coding, and restricted fund coding
• Thorough knowledge of applicable general ledger systems, procedures and financial reporting
• Strong mathematical skills
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Detail-oriented, accuracy in daily work and other projects
• Strong analytical skills – gathering, interpreting, and reporting of results; strong problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
• Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines; ability to maintain good working relationships
• Well organized and self-motivated
• Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
• Knowledge of nonprofit accounting guidelines
• Experience with FACTS Management
• Experience with Shelby Financials Online
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field
Questions & Answers
Q: Why would I want to work at Horizon?
A: There is nothing better than walking in the Lord’s will for your life, and we believe and trust that each of our staff has been called to Horizon. Not to mention, we have a ton of fun, are surrounded by people who encourage each other and celebrate everyday victories with each other, and on top of all that we have the joy of watching people take their next step in a relationship with Jesus.
Q: What kind of jobs do people have at Horizon?
A: From the pastoral roles on staff, to the behind the scenes administrative and facilities positions, graphics and production, teaching staff at Horizon Prep, and the Ministry Support roles in between, the positions are many.
Q: What requirements do I need to meet to work at Horizon?
A: You need to have a heart for Christ and for His people, as well as a willingness to do whatever it takes to see our mission to Win, Disciple, and Send lived out. Check out our Statement of Faith for more specific information about what we believe, and check out the job descriptions for any specific position requirements.
Q: Are there employment opportunities at Horizon Prep?
A: Yes! Visit horizonprep.org for more information on any available positions.